- Adjustable position for those who may prefer the overlay at the top.
- Modify any element's property which supports a color value.
- Change the element and CSS property you want to modify on the fly.
- First input field accepts any jQuery selector, such as: body, #id, .class, etc.
- Second input field accepts a CSS property, such as: color, background-color, border-color, etc.
- After entering the selector/property, press the button to update Piknik Live.
Source + Suggestions:
- Here's a sneak peak at the unminified source.
- Feel free to send me any suggestions or bugs about PiknikLive via email to:
PiknikLive at AlesandroOrtiz.com
- Usage Note: Scrolling a page longer than the browser window will also result in a luminosity change if the color is not locked.
- Usage Note: Resizing screen will throw-off the position of the Flash overlays used to copy the color values. A page reload after resizing results in proper positioning.
- Usage Note: Scrolling a page longer than the window height and then moving the overlay will throw-off the position of the Flash overlays used to copy the color values.
- jQuery Instances: This script uses jQuery with $j as the instance's variable. If you're also using $j, a black-hole may open up.
- Flash: If you don't have Adobe Flash (or have it disabled), the copy-on-value-click feature won't work.
- Internet Explorer: Never capable of making magic. (Yes, PiknikLive is a magic trick!)
- Google Chrome: Update button is slightly misaligned for some peculiar reason which escapes me.
- Opera: Untested, but may work.
- 1.0.0 (10/20/2010)
- Initial development.
- 1.0.1 (11/28/2010)
- Public release.
- 1.0.2-3 (11/29/2010)
- Bug Fix: Flash overlay used to copy the color values now scrolls along with page.
- UI Fix: Added a couple more default CSS rules so that in-page rules don't affect/override overlay CSS.
- UI Fix: Capitalization change in 'jQuery selector' text.